Medication at School
If your child needs to take medication during the school day, please be aware of the following highlights from the Dearborn medication policy:
- Any medication should be taken at home if at all possible
- Medications needing to be given at school are to be brought to and from school by a parent/guardian.
- Medications must be in their most recent original container, labeled with:
-Name of student
-Name of medication
-Time of administration
-Route of administration
- Medications (prescription and over-the-counter) must be accompanied by written, signed instructions from a physician and signed authorization by a parent/guardian. These forms must be renewed at the beginning of each school year.
- It is the responsibility of the student to report to the office at the time the medication is to be taken, unless prevented by a disability or other reason.
- Refill of the prescription is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Expired medications will not be administered.
- Medications will be discarded if not picked up on or before the last day of school.
Download the medication form: Medication Authorization Form